Below is our typical schedule for a weekend referral class. Times and locations may change depending on which days you need to complete the dives.
The first day you meet at South Beach Divers at 9.30 am to complete paperwork and shortly after depart to the John Pennekamp Marine Park in Key Largo for your first two open water dives. This location has the largest living coral reef in North America. We are the only Miami Dive Center that includes two dives in Key Largo as part of the certification course. Return time is 7:00 p.m.
On the second day, you meet at South Beach Divers at 12 noon to complete your final two open water dives off the coast of Miami Beach (yes, you do get to dive one of over 60 shipwrecks). Return time is 5.30pm. You will receive a temporary certification card so you can start diving right away. We process your PADI certification card on line so you will get your permanent license in as little as 7 days and it can be sent anywhere in the world. You will also be qualified to take the PADI Advanced class as well numerous specialty classes like wreck diver and underwater photographer.
All students that graduate will receive a $25 credit towards the next class.
Every Saturday and Sunday or Tuesday and Thursday. Other days can be arranged to fit your schedule, please call for details.
- Reservations are required.
- Classes are paid in full when enrolling.
- Must complete a student record file and a student contract.
- Minimum age is 10 for certification, however, only a Junior Open Water License will be issued to those under 15.
- Those under 18 need a parent or guardians approval and signature.
- Must complete a medical form.
- No cost diving insurance for this program is available from Divers Alert Network (for U.S. and Canadian Residents only). Please ask your instructor for more information.
The price of the course is $329 and includes boat and instructor fees, certification card and photo, transportation to and from the dive sites, all rental gear (tanks, weights, BCD, regulator, wet suit) with the exception of personal gear. Personal gear is considered to be your mask, snorkel, and fins and those are available for sale at the shop if needed. Wetsuits, when needed, are available for rent or purchase in the shop. There is a $100 fee to convert non PADI referrals to PADI certified divers. This process is much more involved and will require an additional pool session.
Enrolled students get special discounts on merchandise!