During the Underwater Naturalist Diver program you’ll practice basic fish identification techniques and collect fish identification data. After the dive, you’re required to log the experience in your personal log book.
This program covers the knowledge and techniques for identifying fish common to your local area.
The following is included in your Underwater Naturalist Diver program:
- The Project AWARE philosophy about protecting worldwide aquatic ecosystems.
- Fish family groupings and common characteristics of fish species found in the local area.
- Fish surveying techniques and strategies for collecting valid data.
- Fish surveying techniques and strategies for collecting valid data. The planning, organization, and procedures for identifying fish families and species while diving.
- This class includes 2 dives.
By request. Available most days of the week.
Minimum age: 12
$199.00 Class includes two open water dives from our boats, scuba rental and the PADI Underwater Naturalist Specialty card upon completion. This specialty counts towards your master scuba diver certification.
Bonus! You can add Nitrox certification to this class for just $159 more.