PADI Open Water Diver Class- 2 Day
We offer our two day open water class every weekend from our sister store, Divers Paradise, in Key Biscayne. The schedule is Saturday from 7am to 5pm and Sunday from 8am to 5pm. The class includes the e learning program which must be completed prior to the first day of the class. Please click here to make your reservation for this class at Divers Paradise. It is located juts 15 min from South Beach and there is plenty of free parking available.
Here’s what your schedule will be:
At 7:00am on the first day we will take care of any outstanding paperwork and then its straight to the pool (downstairs) to go over all the skills that you will need to know before proceeding to the open water. After the first pool session and a lunch break, you will then head out for your first two open water dives. There are so many amazing reefs just minutes off the cost of Key Biscayne that you will feel like you are in the islands. Our boats depart right across for the shop.Your day will finish by approximately 5:00pm.
On the second day, you meet at Divers Paradise at 8am to complete any pool training if needed. At 1pm you will be heading out to dive on one of the more than 70 shipwrecks that lay right off the coast of Miami. After the wreck dive you will do your final training dive on either a reef or possible the Neptune Memorial site. Upon returning (and passing) you will be issued a temporary certification card so you can start diving right away. We process your certification card online so you will get your permanent license in as little as 7 days and it can be sent anywhere in the world. You will also be qualified to take the PADI Advanced class as well numerous specialty classes like Wreck Diver and Underwater Photographer.
* If you can, please stop by Divers Paradise the day before for an orientation. We can make sure all your paperwork is in order and you can purchase your mask, snorkel and fins that are required for the class. If you are unable to attend its no problem. There is plenty of time the morning of your class for your orientation.
- Classes are paid in full when enrolling
- Must complete a medical form.
- Must complete a student record file and student contract. Those under 18 need a parent or guardians approval and signature.
- We recommend you enroll for diving insurance provided at no charge by Divers Alert Network (for U.S. and Canadian Residents only)
The price of the course is $595 and includes the e learning fee (which is required for this two day program), pool session, boat fees, instructor fees, photo, certification card, all SCUBA rental gear (tanks, weights, BCD and regulator) with the exception of personal gear. Personal gear is considered to be your mask, snorkel, fins and wetsuit* and those are available for sale at the shop.
* Wetsuits are available to rent.
** No students under the age of 12 are allowed in the 2 day class.