PADI Open Water Diver Class- 2 Day
Simply the quickest and easiest way to get PADI Scuba Certified with South Beach Dive and Surf Center.
Pick a start date below and pay for your class. You will receive your e-learning link within 24 hours but usually within an hour if during regular business hours.
(see upcoming classes below).
Complete the e-learning portion of the class in the comfort of your home (or anywhere).
Come do the pool session and open water training dives with us. Too easy mate!
Here’s what you schedule will be:
At 7:00am* on the first day we will issue the written final exam and head out for the confined water training session to go over all the skills that you will need to know before proceeding to the open water. After the confined water sessions, you will then head out for your first two open water dives that same afternoon. Those dives may be in the ocean, lake or beach depending on conditions and class ability. Your day will finish by approximately 6:00pm.
On the second day, you meet at South Beach Divers at 11.30am(earlier if a second pool session is needed) to complete your the final two open water dives off the coast of Miami Beach. You get to dive on one of the more than 70 shipwrecks that lay right off the coast of Miami. Upon returning (and passing) you will be issued a temporary certification card so you can start diving right away. We process your certification card online so you will get your permanent license in as little as 7 days and it can be sent anywhere in the world. You will also be qualified to take the PADI Advanced class as well numerous specialty classes like Wreck Diver and Underwater Photographer.
* There is a class orientation the day before the class to meet your instructor, buy any personal gear that you need and be fitted for your SCUBA for the class. By attending this orientation you will be able to arrive at 8:00am instead of 7:00am the day of your class. The orientation is held any time between 11am and 6:30pm the day before your class.
Saturday and Sunday year round. If our group class schedule does not fit yours we also offer private classes .If you have four or more in your group we will make a customized schedule just for you. Whatever your needs, we have the staff to make it happen.
- Classes are paid in full when enrolling
- Must complete a medical form.
- Must complete a student record file and student contract. Those under 18 need a parent or guardians approval and signature.
- We recommend you enroll for diving insurance provided at no charge by Divers Alert Network (for U.S. and Canadian Residents only)
The price of the course is $650 and includes the e learning fee (which is required for this two day program), pool session, boat fees, instructor fees, photo, certification card, transportation to and from the dive sites and all SCUBA rental gear (tanks, weights, BCD and regulator) with the exception of personal gear. Personal gear is considered to be your mask, snorkel, fins and wetsuit* and those are available for sale at the shop. Enrolled students get special discounts on merchandise! We will meet or beat any legitimate authorized dealers prices on identical items. This does not include factory outlets or internet sites.
* Wetsuits are available to rent.
** No students under the age of 16 are allowed in the 2 day class.