Advanced Open Water Diver
After you’ve earned your Open Water diver certification, you’re ready to take the Advanced Open Water Course. The Advanced class provides an excellent opportunity to expand your diving skills under professional, experienced supervision. We believe that all divers should take this class as a continuation of the Open Water class. Please don’t think you need to be an experienced diver to take this class. Our instructors’ years of diving experience make the Advanced class a real learning adventure for divers of all backgrounds. You will learn how to navigate properly, perfect your buoyancy, identify marine life, safely dive on a wreck and go beyond the 60′ limit of the Open Water certification.
The class features two core dives: the Deep Dive & Navigation Dive. In addition, you must complete three elective dives which can include a Wreck, Peak Performance Buoyancy, Underwater Naturalist or Night dive. If you would like to include a night dive as a part of your class, you will have to be available on a Wednesday night as that is when the night dives are held. All of the dives you do in this class count towards the correlating specialty class. For example, when you do the Navigation dive in the Advanced class, you will only need one more Navigation dive to get the Navigation Specialty. With 5 specialties, you can become a Master Scuba Diver!
We start with the Navigation and Peak Performance Buoyancy dives as they are shallow and are a great way to get you re-acclimated to diving. The remaining three dives will be held over two days and can be done most days of the week and weekend. All dives are boat dives unless inclement weather forces us to relocate to a secondary site as needed.
- Reservations are required.
- Student record file
- Minimum age is 12. Students under 15 will receive a Jr. Advanced Diver Certification that can be upgraded once 15 years old.
- Those under 18 need a parent or guardians approval and signature.
- The price for the Advanced certification class is $499. This price includes the textbook, boat fees, instruction, SCUBA rental gear and the license. PADI E learning is included. Personal gear (mask, snorkel, fins, wetsuit*, timing device and flashlight if you do the night dive) are not included.
- SPECIAL- ADD NITROX CERTIFICATION FOR JUST $179: The Nitrox class will be held in the morning before the deep dive or afternoon before the night dive. You will also get to dive with Nitrox tanks for your deep dives in the Advanced class at no additional charge. You must be at least 15 years old to receive your Nitrox certification.
- Although not required, we recommend that all divers have diving insurance.
*Wetsuits are available for rent